- About 80g of La Main Noire Black Paste diluted in a little water
- 125g sugar
- 125g of butter and half salt
- 125g of flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 10g baking powder
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar
- Add the melted butter
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix gently with a spatula, then whisk until perfectly incorporated.
- Separate into two doughs, add the vanilla bean seeds to one and the diluted Black Paste to the other
- Beat the egg whites firmly with a pinch of salt
- Add half the whites to the vanilla paste and the other half to the sesame paste and mix gently until well incorporated
- Add layers of each mixture successively into a cake tin
- Add sesame seeds (optional) before baking at 180 degrees for about 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Once the cake is cooked and cooled, if desired, add a Black Paste glaze made from icing sugar and Black Paste diluted in a little water. Enjoy!