Ingredients for cocoa shortbread dough
- 300g of flour
- 200g of butter (you can use 150g for more lightness)
- 100g of sugar
- 35g of cocoa
- 1 egg
Ingredients for salted butter caramel:
- 80g powdered sugar
- 100g of liquid cream
- 40g salted butter (or soft butter + salt crystals)
Ingredients chocolate ganache
- 100g Raw Cacao Paste from La Main Noire
- 100g of heavy cream
- cocoa nibs
- fleur de sel
- Start by making your cocoa shortbread dough. Mix all the dry ingredients; make a well in the mixture and incorporate the butter cut into pieces. Work the dough to a consistency close to that of semolina. Add the whole egg and knead until the dough is smooth and homogeneous. Film it and put it in the fridge for 30min.
- After 30min, roll out your dough between two sheets of parchment paper and then cut out the pie shells with your tart pans. Cut out strips of dough and start filling your molds, making sure to cut off the excess.
- Finally, put your pastry-lined molds in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your salted butter caramel and your ganache made with the Raw Cacao Paste.
For the salted butter caramel, start by pouring the sugar into a pan. Heat it dry until it turns brown. Off the heat, pour in the liquid cream little by little while stirring vigorously. Finally, put the pan back on a very low heat and add the butter. Stir until you get the perfect consistency of your salted butter caramel.
- For the ganache, pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. As soon as the bubbles appear, pour all of the hot cream onto the cocoa paste and stir until the paste melts and your ganache is obtained.
- Finally, proceed to the assembly of the tartlet. Turn out your tartlet bottoms, first pour a rather thin layer of salted butter caramel and finish by pouring the chocolate ganache. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs and fleur de sel and place your tartlets in the fridge for several minutes. As soon as the ganache is set, you can enjoy!