Product La Main Noire: Sticky Chai
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Quantity : 6 muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 140g self raising flour
- 80g cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoons of bicarb soda
- 50g butter, softened
- 30g Sticky Chai
- 125g sugar
- 25ml vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small red chilli, minced or a teasp. Chilli flakes
- 1 large egg
- 125ml buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee powder
FOR THE GANACHE:
- 7 oz(210g) milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 ½ oz (160g) thick cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 5 oz (150g) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 370f. (200c) and grease some muffin moulds.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, sugar and set aside.
- Work together the eggs, butter, buttermilk, chilli and vegetable oil.
- Incorporate the two preparations gradually and work with a whisk until it reaches a almost homogenous texture. IT should remain fairly thick and lumpy.
- Fill muffin moulds almost to the top and then cook at 200 degrees for 3 minutes before reducing to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the mould.
To make the ganache
- Simmer together the cream, cinnamon and coffee powder then pour this hot mixture over the milk chocolate.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes then stir gently to combine. Allow to cool. When cool, spread the ganache over the top of the cake then chill.
For the glaze
- Place the chopped chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a bowl over simmering water and mix until smooth.
- Allow to cool a little then gently pour over the ganache, covering it entirely.
- Chill the cake then allow it to come to room temperature before serving.